The mobile industry finds itself in an interesting dichotomy during this unprecedented time. On the one hand, some apps are seeing record downloads and adoption as a result of COVID-19. Games, food delivery, and retail apps are seeing a boom. On the other hand, transportation and travel apps are in a bit of a bust cycle as everyone is holing up at home.
But no matter what side of that divide you’re on, it’s imperative that the industry comes together to keep things moving. If you’re seeing a boom right now, you may be wondering how you’re going to keep those users around for the long haul. If you’ve been recently laid off, you’re probably looking to make new connections and reignite old ones. But the usual networking channels have also been disrupted.
You can’t just meet an old colleague for a drink and ask their advice or head to a conference to mingle with industry experts… or can you? The mobile industry has moved quickly to take their events online, and the Mobile Growth Association has fully embraced the virtual future of events, starting with MGS Global Virtual Conference 1.0 on June 2-4. The event will span four continents in three days and offer everything from virtual chat rooms to an on-site recruiter to help keep the mobile industry moving.
With 100+ speakers lined up, you can expect to walk away with the kinds of insights that will keep your app growing, even through these trying times. Here’s a sneak peek at what the speakers will be talking about at MGS GVC 1.0:
- The most important emerging paid channels—From TikTok to digital out of home, Melissa Yik, Account Director at M&C Saatchi Performance, will explore the emerging paid channels you need to pay attention to in 2020 if you want to keep growing your audience.
- How blockchain is changing mobile games—Blockchain has become nearly synonymous with cryptocurrency but Robby Yung, CEO, Animoca Brands will explore how blockchain is changing mobile gaming.
- How to find engaged users—You don’t just want installs, you want engaged users who come back over and over again—Murad Musakaev, Project and Business Development Manager, Full HP Ltd. will tell you how to find and keep engaged users.
- How apps can solve the challenges of COVID-19—COVID-19 is changing a lot about the app industry, and Jennie Sager, Country Manager at Nextdoor, will talk about some apps can help mitigate the loneliness of self-imposed quarantine.
- Everything you need to know about LATAM—Latin America is one of the fastest-growing app markets on the planet, and MGS GVC 1.0 is devoting an entire track to the region, including a session with Harlyn Pacheco, COO of Picap, who will talk about the many intricacies of this increasingly hot market.
Virtual events are here to stay for the foreseeable future—and will likely become a bigger part of the conference landscape going forward. Learn more about how you can make the most of virtual conferences here.