Originally founded as an events company in 2010, Headspace has become one of the most popular meditation and mindfulness apps in recent years. With the increasing demand for meditation applications due to coronavirus pandemic, it has increased in popularity and has become one of the most downloaded apps.
In this article, we will include the most up-to-date revenue and usage data of the Headspace app.
Headspace Company Overview
Founders: Andy Puddicombe, Richard Pierson
Founded Date: May, 2010
Headquarter: Santa Monica, California, United States
Number of Employees: 400+
Crunchbase Profile: Profile Link
Google Play: Store Link
App Store: Store Link
Headspace Revenue Statistics
- The Headspace app was ranked #2 in overall revenue among the top grossing health & fitness apps worldwide in April 2020 with more than $5.5 million in gross revenue, up 31.2% year-over-year.
- About 43.3% of Headspace revenue of April 2020 was from the United States, followed by Great Britain with 17.7%.
- With the latest Series C funding round, Headspace raised a total funding amount of $215.9 million. (Crunchbase)
|Total Funding Raised|
- As of September 2020, Headspace was among the leading health and fitness apps in the Google Play Store worldwide in terms of revenue by generating a revenue of $661,976.
Headspace Usage Statistics
- As of January 2021, Headspace has 66 million members across all platforms. (Headspace)
- Headspace was selected as one of the 5 best meditation apps of 2020 and the best Android meditation app of 2020 by Mobile Marketing Reads.
- During the U.S. presidential election, Headspace saw a around 30% week-over-week increase between November 3 to November 5.
- As of February 2020, the Headspace app has had 2 million paid subscribers and over 600 businesses. (Techcrunch)
- The Headspace app had been downloaded 62 million times in around 190 countries, as of February 2020. (Techcrunch)
- As of April 2020, Headspace was ranked #2 in global downloads among the top English-language mental wellness apps.
- In February 2020, the Headspace app was downloaded by 36.81 thousand in the App Store in Great Britain, according to Statista.
- In June 2020, the Headspace app was downloaded by 2.08 million times and ranked #2 among the most popular yoga and meditation apps by downloads.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Headspace?
As known as “the meditation app for modern life”, Headspace is one of the most popular mindfulness, sleep, and meditation apps. The Headspace app provides you courses to learn techniques for dealing with stress and anxiety, relaxing sleep music, sleepcasts, meditations, and more. The free to download meditation app helps you to have short, mini meditations for your busy schedule in business life.
What does Headspace do?
Headspace app is designed to help people relax and deal with stress and sleep disorders even if they have never meditated before and don’t know where to start. The popular meditation app also helps users to form a habit and to improve-self esteem with 10-minute meditation sessions.
What differentiate Headspace app from the other meditation apps is its truly-scientific base and approach. The Headspace app has a science department that runs NIH and ERC-funded clinical trials, research and publish scientific studies that show the impact of Headspace app on outcomes such as stress, focus, and compassion.
What is Headspace Plus?
Headspace Plus is the Headspace app’s paid subscription where users are offered more courses on specific topics like stress and sleep, one-off exercises, physical activities, Focus Mode, and more.
Headspace Plus Pricing
Annual – first 2 weeks free: $69.99/year
Monthly – first 1 week free: #12.99/month
What is Spotify Headspace?
The Spotify + Headspace bundle offers a 3-month free Headspace if you get a subscription to Spotify Premium. After 3 months, users will be charged a combined price of £14.99 a month for both.
The Spotify Headspace bundle is currently available in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
What is ‘Headspace on Snapchat’?
Snapchat offers the Headspace Mini app that consists of six meditation sessions that are roughly six minutes long in different themes.