What is OkCupid?
OkCupid is a popular dating app that asks you multiple choice questions while setting up your account and tries to match people with similar characteristics / views according to your answers and life preferences.
The dating app OkCupid asks questions not only to understand your character, tastes and outlook on life, but also to understand the characteristics of the friend or partner you are looking for. Thus, the harmony with the matches you make increases as the people suitable for you are filtered out.
Headquarters: New York
Founded Date: 2004
Founders: Chris Coyne, Christian Rudder, Max Krohn, Sam Yagan
Platforms: Mobile (Android, iOS), Web
Crunchbase: Profile Link
Google Play: Store Link
App Store: Store Link
OkCupid Revenue Stats (2021)
IAC’s Match.com acquired dating app OkCupid for $50 million in 2011.
- OkCupid owner Match’s revenue in the first quarter of 2021 rose 23% from a year earlier to $668 million, surpassing the average analyst estimate of $650.8 million. (Bloomberg)
- Match Group expects a revenue of $680 million to $690 million in the second quarter of 2021.
- The total revenue for the full year 2020 reached $2.4 billion with an increase of 17% YoY.
- In Q4 2020, Match Group revenue increased by 19% YoY with a figure of $651 million.
|Match Group Revenue|
|Q1 2021||$668 million|
|Q4 2020||$651 million|
|Q3 2020||$640 million|
|Q2 2020||$555 million|
|Q1 2020||$545 million|
|Q4 2019||$547 million|
|Q3 2019||$541 million|
|Q2 2019||$498 million|
|Q1 2019||$465 million|
|Q4 2018||$457 million|
|Q3 2018||$444 million|
|Q2 2018||$421 million|
|Q1 2018||$407 million|
|Q4 2017||$379 million|
|Q3 2017||$343 million|
|Q2 2017||$310 million|
|Q1 2017||$299 million|
Also Read: Tinder Revenue and Usage Statistics (2021)
OkCupid User Stats (2021)
- Over 50k dates are made on OkCupid every week. (OkCupid)
- More than 91 million connections are made on OkCupid every year.
- As of January 2021, OkCupid is the 6th most popular dating app worldwide based on the number of monthly downloads with 448.08 thousand. (FinancesOnline)
- As of the fourth quarter of 2020, OkCupid owner Match Group had over 10.9 million paid subscribers.
- According to April 2020 survey data of adults in the United States, 8% of respondents with an income less than 50,000 U.S. dollars per year were currently using OkCupid. Respondents with a higher household income were most likely to use the social dating app.
- 55% of people on OkCupid are most looking forward to meeting new people with similar interests, 27% are excited about being intimate again IRL, 11% are looking forward to getting all dressed up, and 7% are happy about never having to video date again. (OkCupid)
- Mentions of “coronavirus” on OkCupid profiles increased over 2,200% in February 2021 compared to the same time last year.
- Women under 30 on OkCupid sent 28.5% more first messages in January 2021 than they did the same time last year. (Okcupid)