|Platforms||Mobile, Web, Tablet, Smartwatch, TV|
|Founders||Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes|
|Legal Name||Facebook, Inc.|
|Headquarter||Menlo Park, California|
|Crunchbase Profile||Profile Link|
|Google Play||Store Link|
|App Store||Store Link|
Facebook Revenue Statistics (2020)
- Q3 total Facebook revenue was $21.5 billion, up 22%. The global revenue as of the second quarter of 2020 was around $18.7 billion.
- $10,1 million of the overall Q3 revenue of Facebook came from the U.S. and Canada, making the region the biggest market of the company.
- Total Facebook ad revenue for the third quarter of 2020 was $21.2 billion, an increase of 22% year-over-year. The largest verticals were eCommerce, Retail, and CPG. (Facebook)
- Facebook’s ad revenues increased by 10% year-over-year and reached $18.3 billion in the second quarter of 2020.
- Asia Pacific and Europe were the biggest markets in the year-over-year ad revenue growth rate with 30% and 25%, respectively. Ad revenue coming from U.S. and Canada grew by 20%.
- Facebook annual revenue of 2019 was amounted to $69.6 billion, up 27% YOY.
- Q3 total expenses of Facebook was $13.4 billion, up 28% compared to the last year mainly due to the increase in cost of revenue (up 33%), R&D costs (up 34%), and G&A expenses (up 33%).
- Facebook’s operating income in the third quarter of 2020 was $8.0 billion, representing a 37% operating marking.
- The reported free cash flow of Facebook in Q3 2020 was $5.9 billion.
- Facebook’s net income in Q3 2020 was $7.8 billion, up 51.5% or $2.7 billion as compared to the previous quarter. (Facebook)
- Instagram ad revenue accounted for 36.5% of Facebook’s ad revenue in the United States in 2020 and it will reach 39.7% in 2021. (Statista)
Also read: Instagram Revenue and Usage Statistics
Facebook User Statistics (2020)
- Facebook’s daily active users were 1.82 billion as of September 2020, up 12% or 197 million year-over-year.
- Number of monthly active users of Facebook was 2.74 billion for September 2020, up 12% or 291 million YOY.
- As of Q3 2020, more than 200 million businesses use free Facebook tools across the platform every month.
- Every month, more than 10 million active advertisers use Facebook – mainly small and medium-sized businesses.
- As of Q3 2020, Facebook has more than 40 million users viewing a Business Catalog monthly.
- Average revenue per user (ARPU) was $7.89 worldwide in Q3 2020.
- Facebook’s family daily active people (DAP) was 1.82 billion, while family monthly active people (MAP) was 3.21 billion, as of September 2020.
- Facebook was the biggest social network by the number of active users worldwide as of October 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions on Facebook
What is Facebook?
Facebook is the largest social networking platform in the world that lets users to stay connected with their network easily. The free to use social networking app allows people to share their photos, videos, and updates with their friends and family.
As the biggest social media platform, Facebook has also one stop shop for advertisers and business owners to reach their target audience.
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating is Facebook’s dating app that allow users to create a dating profile, match with people they already know on Facebook and/or Instagram, start relationships, and integrate their Instagram stories.
Facebook Dating expanded to 32 European countries such as United Kingdom and France in October 2020.
What is Facebook Messenger?
Facebook Messenger is the social media giant’s instant messaging feature within the Facebook. It allows users to text, voice call, video chat, and group chat to stay in touch.
On October 2020, Facebook introduced cross-app messaging between Instagram and Messenger to let its users to communicate with each other app-to-app.
What is Facebook Stories?
Facebook stories is Facebook’s Instagram-like story feature that allows people to create and share text messages, videos or photos that disappear after 24 hours. It is commonly used by both businesses and individuals for daily updates. Facebook stories appear on both Facebook Messenger and Facebook and they are shown by friends, followers, and people you chat on Messenger.
In order to change who can see your stories, you can change your story privacy settings and choose the “Custom” option to select specific people. You can also hide your stories from specific people by using the Facebook app on iOS or Android.
What is Facebook Live?
It is a Facebook feature that allows you to broadcast real-time video to Facebook where you can choose who will see your video. The feature has started as a mobile only but now it is also available for individuals, brands, and accounts with Facebook Pages.
What is “poke” in Facebook?
Facebook poke feature is generally used to say hello to a connection or to a friends of a friend. If you poke someone on Facebook, they get a notification. If you don’t want someone to poke you, you can block people. You can also see everyone send a poke to you in Facebook’s pokes page.
What is “tag” in Facebook?
“When you tag someone on Facebook, you create a link to their profile and they get a notification. The post you tag the person in may also be added to that person’s timeline. For example, you can tag a photo to show who’s in the photo or post a status update and say who you’re with. If you tag a friend in your status update, anyone who sees that update can click on your friend’s name and go to their profile. Your status update may also show up on that friend’s timeline. Also, if you or a friend tags someone in your post, the post could be visible to the audience you selected plus friends of the tagged person.”
What is a Facebook group?
Facebook groups are for the ones who share a specific interest or a friend zone to communicate with them. Facebook users can create a group by adding people they know and join groups. While creating a group you can set privacy settings to make sure who can see group member posts, comments, and shares. If you are a member of a group, you need to ask to the group admin for a privacy setting.