What is DoorDash?
DoorDash is an on-demand food delivery / food ordering platform which also offers takeout service from the local restaurants. Founded in 2013 by Andy Fang, Evan Moore, Stanley Tang, and Tony Xu, DoorDash aims to provide the best selection of restaurants to its users.
Via DoorDash app, users can schedule their deliveries, track a delivery in real time to see when the order will be delivered, make payment via credit card or Apple Pay. The platform offers a $0 delivery fee for the first month.
DoorDash is now available in; more than 4,000 cities and towns in the United States states including Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico; over 80 cities and towns across Canada; and also in some Australian cities including Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.
Doordash in Google Play: Store Link
Doordash in the App Store: Store Link
Doordash Driver app in Google Play: Store Link
Doordash Driver app in the App Store: Store Link
DoorDash Usage Statistics (2020)
- Doordash ranked #2 in the most searched for food delivery services in the U.S. between February and April 2020. In April 2020, the food delivery platform had 7.48 million monthly average searches.
All further information on this statistic can be found at Statista
- DashPass active subscribers worldwide surpassed 1.5 million in 2020. (Doordash)
- As of October 2020, there are more than 310,000 restaurants and stores registered in DoorDash globally. (DoorDash)
- An average DoorDash customer spent $36 per transaction in April 2020. (CSA)
- The average delivery time of DoorDash was 30 minutes in 2020. 95% of orders delivered in under 30 minutes or less. (DoorDash)
- DoorDash worked with Mt. Sinai to offer free DashPass subscriptions to 42,000 healthcare employees. (Techcrunch)
- DoorDash partnered with Taco Bell across 5,500 locations nationwide to offer registered DoorDash users a 50% off Taco Bell’s biggest nachos boz ever, wit a $0 delivery fee if they spend $15 or more. (PR Newswire)
- According to eMarketer, the number of smartphone food delivery app users is around 44,1 million in 2020. Considering the market share of DoorDash (45%) in 2020, it is estimated that there are more than 20 million DoorDash app users in 2020.
DoorDash Revenue Statistics (2020)
- In June 2020, DoorDash raised $400 million in a new funding round at a $16 billion valuation. (Axios)
- DoorDash grabbed 45% of food delivery market share in the U.S., followed by UberEats and Grubhub. (CNBC)
- DoorDash offered $5,000 grants for restaurants in Chicago, Denver, New York City, San Francisco, and San Jose to help them survive winter. (QSR)
- According to The Information, DoorDash’s net annual revenue was between $900 million and about $1 billion in 2019, with ($450 million) profit.