Soft launch of a mobile game is where game publishers test their apps in selected countries. It is a very common technique among game publishers before hard launch in order to have a chance to:
- Acquire first users for a much less cost than hard launch
- Collect feedback from real users from selected countries
- Find out and fix in-app bugs, performance issues, problems in user experience
- Test metadata (app icon, app screenshots, app preview video, etc.) and ad elements (ad creatives, CTA, etc.) to see and understand and interpret conversion.
- Understand the main metrics before global launch including CPI, Retention Rate, and more.
- Collect insights and cues about the global launch marketing strategy (deciding on the countries, optimizing mobile ad elements and bids, etc)
- Test app monetization strategy to make improvements and optimizations
- Decide if the game should be killed or hard launched
For a successful soft launch campaign:
- Time period for the campaign should be pre-determined.
- Metrics mobile marketers and app developers want to test should be tracked carefully.
- Country and the game category need to be determined.
- Target audience should be worked closely.
- Ad creatives and CTAs should be created and tested frequently.
Get Featured On Mobile Marketing Reads!
We help companies in the mobile marketing ecosystem to reach a qualified, engaged audience for branding, thought leadership,and lead-generation.
LATEST MOBILE MARKETING NEWS
Sony announced on April 1 that MiHoYo’s popular free-to-play role playing title Genshin Impact is heading to PlayStation 5, but the exact release date had not being shared. Yesterday, miHoYo announced a native version of Genshin Impact for PlayStation 5 will be released on April 28. The PlayStation 5 version will support 4K resolution, enhanced textures, and […] More
We are now experiencing the passion of car racing games, that we have been experiencing for years on computers and consoles, on mobile. The ability to play wherever you want at any time of the day and the quality of the games have made them much more attractive now. Today’s successful racing games have an […] More
We reported in January that South Korean video game developer Krafton was planning to go public in mid-2021. The PUBG maker now has applied for preliminary approval for an initial public opening, Korea Exchange recently announced. As reported by Reuters, a Seoul-based analyst said the initial public offering is expected to be one of Korean’s […] More