Soft launch of a mobile game is where game publishers test their apps in selected countries. It is a very common technique among game publishers before hard launch in order to have a chance to:
- Acquire first users for a much less cost than hard launch
- Collect feedback from real users from selected countries
- Find out and fix in-app bugs, performance issues, problems in user experience
- Test metadata (app icon, app screenshots, app preview video, etc.) and ad elements (ad creatives, CTA, etc.) to see and understand and interpret conversion.
- Understand the main metrics before global launch including CPI, Retention Rate, and more.
- Collect insights and cues about the global launch marketing strategy (deciding on the countries, optimizing mobile ad elements and bids, etc)
- Test app monetization strategy to make improvements and optimizations
- Decide if the game should be killed or hard launched
For a successful soft launch campaign:
- Time period for the campaign should be pre-determined.
- Metrics mobile marketers and app developers want to test should be tracked carefully.
- Country and the game category need to be determined.
- Target audience should be worked closely.
- Ad creatives and CTAs should be created and tested frequently.
Get Featured On Mobile Marketing Reads!
We help companies in the mobile marketing ecosystem to reach a qualified, engaged audience for branding, thought leadership,and lead-generation.
LATEST MOBILE MARKETING NEWS
According to an internal memo shared with Reuters on Wednesday, ByteDance has decided to reduce its workforce in India. Currently the company has more than 2000 employees in India. The decision came after the Indian Government’s ban on 59 Chinese apps including ByteDance’s TikTok for ““stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users’ data in an unauthorized manner […] More
Popular multiplayer battle royale title PUBG’s parent company Krafton is reportedly planning to go public on Korea Exchange Market (KRX) in the second half of 2021. “Krafton, the maker of global video game smash PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), is planning an initial public offering in mid to late 2021 that could be South Korea’s biggest in […] More
Since WhatsApp’s controversial update on January 4, Signal and Telegram started increasing their category rankings drastically, according to MobileAction’s data. In their comparison post, the app store performance of these three big messenger apps are investigated. The estimated trend of downloads for WhatsApp seems to be relatively stable in the last few weeks. On the other […] More