Soft launch of a mobile game is where game publishers test their apps in selected countries. It is a very common technique among game publishers before hard launch in order to have a chance to:
- Acquire first users for a much less cost than hard launch
- Collect feedback from real users from selected countries
- Find out and fix in-app bugs, performance issues, problems in user experience
- Test metadata (app icon, app screenshots, app preview video, etc.) and ad elements (ad creatives, CTA, etc.) to see and understand and interpret conversion.
- Understand the main metrics before global launch including CPI, Retention Rate, and more.
- Collect insights and cues about the global launch marketing strategy (deciding on the countries, optimizing mobile ad elements and bids, etc)
- Test app monetization strategy to make improvements and optimizations
- Decide if the game should be killed or hard launched
For a successful soft launch campaign:
- Time period for the campaign should be pre-determined.
- Metrics mobile marketers and app developers want to test should be tracked carefully.
- Country and the game category need to be determined.
- Target audience should be worked closely.
- Ad creatives and CTAs should be created and tested frequently.
Get Featured On Mobile Marketing Reads!
We help companies in the mobile marketing ecosystem to reach a qualified, engaged audience for branding, thought leadership,and lead-generation.
LATEST MOBILE MARKETING NEWS
We’ve listed the 5 best homework planner apps for Android and iOS that will help you manage and track your homework, tasks, assignments and classes with very easy to use personal calendars, widgets, reminders and many other helpful features. Before we move on to our first homework planner app, I’d like to remind you that […] More
Among Us by InnerSloth has surpassed 120 million lifetime downloads and generated around $11 million from player spendings, according to recent data by Sensor Tower. The popular multiplayer social deduction game was launched on June 15th and has managed to reach number one in tens of countries in just 3 months, largely thanks to influencers […] More
Hello everyone. As Mobile Marketing Reads, we keep introducing you the fan-favorite Android & iOS apps trending on the Play Store & App Store. Today, we’re going to cover an iOS game, Police Quest- Feel Like A Police Officer by Coda Platform and Arcadian Lab, which is currently the #2 app in the Action category […] More